With so many ways to market small businesses, business owners need to take advantage of several to maintain and grow a solid client base. Marketing a medical spa may include building a website, engaging in social marketing, direct mail marketing, email marketing and in-person marketing. Use a variety of marketing techniques to educate potential clients of the many benefits your med spa has to offer. Reaching people and convincing them to try your services may be difficult at first, but the additional business is well worth the effort.
1. Identify your target markets. Since med spas provide services, such as microdermabrasion, chemical facial peels, Botox injections and other anti-aging procedures under the guidance of licensed medical professionals, your target market is men and women over the age of 35 who want to look younger. These are typically working professionals, some who are divorced and want to look more attractive, while others lead active outdoor lives that may have taken a toll on their appearance.
2. Advertise in community magazines and billboards to reach your target market. Contact spas that offer traditional spa services (manicures, pedicures, non-chemical facials) to ask if you can leave fliers and business cards with their technicians. People who frequent these types of spas may also have a need for advanced treatments only a med spa can provide.
3. Create a direct mail campaign to send postcards and brochures to those in your target market. Purchase a mailing list from a reputable marketing company (read reviews or visit the Better Business Bureau website for more information) or use the tools provided by the U.S. Postal Service or other delivery services to target those living in certain zip codes. Research the demographics of these areas online to find locations that match your target market group (over 35, working professionals). Many city and town websites describe neighborhoods on their websites along with the types of people who live there. Contact local real estate agents and ask where professional people over 35 typically live.
4. Create a website to promote your med spa services online. Include your web address on all marketing materials. Ask clients to provide their email address to receive updates about services, discounts and other information. Offer discounts for customer referrals. Create a newsletter to promote better living or offer advice on skincare and other health issues. Providing valuable information to customers usually leads to long-term business relationships.
5. Create a Facebook fan page to connect with clients and potential clients. Engage in Facebook advertising using specific keywords to target your market online. Provide valuable information to keep clients interested in your business.
6. Participate in charity events, trade shows and other community events to promote your med spa. Hand out literature, business cards, discount coupons, free gifts including pens, mugs, towels and other items with your business name printed on them.
- Marketing materials
- Email list
- Facebook page
- Mention you own a med spa when socializing. If people do not know what a med spa is, this is a good opportunity to educate them while marketing your services.
- Word-of-mouth advertising is still one of the best ways to promote your business. Satisfy your clients and you will receive praise and many referrals.
- Make sure you keep your medical licenses and certifications current to avoid potential lawsuits or fines.